April to October
- daily: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
November to March
- Tue - Sun: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Closed on Dec24 and Dec25
Subject to modifications.
- Full rate 6,00 EUR
- Reduced rate 3,00 EUR
- Full rate: EUR 6.00
- Reduced rate: EUR 3.00
- 2 adults and up to 4 children: EUR 14.00
- 1 adult and up to 2 children: EUR 8.00
- Group rate (15 people and more): EUR 4.50 per person
- Group rate for school students: EUR 2.00 per person
- Weesenstein Castle annual ticket: EUR 12.50 (entitles you to visit the castle museum and to purchase reduced rate tickets for events or guided tours)
- Audio guide: EUR 2.00
- Children aged 5 or younger
- People visiting the castle on their birthday
- Accompanying adults of severly disabled people (entry »B« iin the disability pass)
- Tour guides
- Tour bus drivers accompanying a tour group
- 1 accompanying adult per 10 pupils
- Journalists for reporting purposes each with valid identification
- Holders of the schloesserlandPASS
Subject to modifications.
How to Find Us
Whether by car, bus or train: You can always reach Weesenstein Castle easily.
Click here for details of how to get there.
Guided Tours & Groups
You want to explore Weesenstein Castle in a unique way and want to know how people used to live?
Here you can find all informations about guided tours and group offers.
You want more? There is more Schloesserland there with the schloesserlandPASS.
The German not-for-profit Limited »State Palaces, Castles, and Gardens of Saxony« (»Staatliche Schlösser, Burgen und Gärten Sachsen gemeinnützige GmbH«) merchandises, manages, and presents nineteen of the most interesting Saxon cultural landmarks. One of these significant castles, palaces, and gardens is Weesenstein Castle. This unique architectural ensemble, located hardly 20 kilometres from the Saxon capital Dresden, was brought into prominence as the private property of King John of Saxony (König Johann von Sachsen), the most famous Wettin of the 19th century. Today, Weesenstein Castle is proud to host a highly respected exhibition about the history of the buildings and their former owners but also provides cultural and culinary offers.
Events and Special ExhibitionsAll events and exhibitions
Welcome to Weesenstein Castle
Weesenstein Castle in the Mueglitztal valley is a popular destination for people interested in culture and lovers of castles, but also for people seeking recreation. It used to attract people already in the time when it was no museum yet, but the residence of the proud aristocracy. From the mid-19th century at the latest, upon the rise of tourism, an increasing flow of travelers poured into Dresden’s rural surroundings in search for something different to life in the city – nature, romantic flair, old castles and palaces. Weesenstein has had all of it ...
The Pleasure of Collecting in Saxony and Bohemia
Collecting has always been part of the nobility’s self-understanding. Over generations, the aristocratic owners of the castles in Weesenstein and Děčín gathered pieces of art and cultural assets. In a cross-border project lasting until 2018 and supported by the European Union, the two castles dedicate themselves to taking stock, researching and preserving their historical collections.