Weesenstein Castle resting on a rock above the Mueglitztal valley rises high above the valley road leading from the Eastern Ore Mountains towards Heidenau. It has a widely regarded exhibition to present on the history of the property, which goes back to the Middle Ages. But it also has cultural and culinary offers to make.
Here you can find all information for your visit:
- Full rate 7,50 EUR
- Reduced rate 6,00 EUR
- Full rate: EUR 6.00
- Reduced rate: EUR 3.00
- 2 adults and up to 4 children: EUR 14.00
- 1 adult and up to 2 children: EUR 8.00
- Group rate (15 people and more): EUR 4.50 per person
- Group rate for school students: EUR 2.00 per person
- Weesenstein Castle annual ticket: EUR 12.50 (entitles you to visit the castle museum and to purchase reduced rate tickets for events or guided tours)
- Audio guide: EUR 2.00
- Children aged 5 or younger
- People visiting the castle on their birthday
- Accompanying adults of severly disabled people (entry »B« iin the disability pass)
- Tour guides
- Tour bus drivers accompanying a tour group
- 1 accompanying adult per 10 pupils
- Journalists for reporting purposes each with valid identification
- Holders of the schloesserlandPASS
Subject to modifications.
Benefits with the schloesserlandPASS
| Free admission to the permanent exhibition |
| Free admission to the special exhibition |
Arrival & map
Next City: Dresden (22 km)
- from Dresden
via A17, exit Pirna and further along the road towards Glashuette (follow the signposts)
via B172 towards Pirna/ Saechsische Schweiz (Saxon Switzerland), following the signposts towards Altenberg in Heidenau, the road will lead you right to the castle (about 20 km/ 12.5 mi from Dresden)
Parking facilities for cars and tour buses available.
By public transport
- city rail S1 from Meissen/Dresden or from Schoena/Pirna to Heidenau and then by Mueglitz River Valley Rail SB72 (Heidenau - Altenberg) to Weesenstein
- bus (Mon - Fri): bus line 202 (Heidenau - Glashuette) to Weesenstein (stop Gemeindeamt Weesenstein)
- for more information, please, go to www.vvo-online.de
- Come here by bus or rail
Am Schloßberg 1 | 01809 Müglitztal
Property of State Palaces, Castles and Gardens of Saxony, non profit
+49 (0) 35027 626-0
April to October
- daily: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
November to March
- Tue - Sun: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Closed on Dec24 and Dec25
Subject to modifications.
Your Specialists for the Region
You would like to know about the highlights in the region, book accommodation or plan an active holiday in the Elbe River Sandstone Mountains? The Tourist Association Saechsische Schweiz e.V. will help you with necessary information and tips.
Tourismusverband Sächsische Schweiz e.V.
The Weesenstein Castle Park and the museum shop are freely accessible; however, Weesenstein Castle itself is not.