Weesenstein Castle resting on a rock above the Mueglitztal valley rises high above the valley road leading from the Eastern Ore Mountains towards Heidenau. It has a widely regarded exhibition to present on the history of the property, which goes back to the Middle Ages. But it also has cultural and culinary offers to make.
Here you can find all information for your visit:
- Full rate 7,50 EUR
- Reduced rate 6,00 EUR
- Full rate: EUR 7.50
- Reduced rate: EUR 6.00
- EUR 1,00 Children 6 to 16 years
- EUR 2.50 p.P. Children groups with guidance
- EUR 1,00 p.P. + EUR 30,00 Leadership supplement per group for pupils / students
- EUR 12.50 Annual Pass Schloss Weesenstein (entitles to visit the museum and to purchase the event and guide tickets at a reduced price)
- Audioguide: EUR 2.00
- EUR 30.00 per group short tour 60 minutes
- EUR 40.00 per group Castle tour 90 minutes
- EUR 35.00 organ supplement (about 15 minutes)
- EUR 1.00 p.P., min. EUR 15.00 total: Introduction at the foreclosure court (15 min.) Without museum entry
- EUR 15.00 per group plus entrance to the museum: Introduction at the foreclosure court (15 min.) Followed by a separate entrance
- Children up to 5 years
- Birthday Children
- Accompanying persons with severely handicapped persons with the mark »B« in the disability card
- Bus drivers with travel groups
- one accompanying person per 10 students and
- Media staff each with proof
- Owner schloesserlandCard
- Combined ticket discount Weesenstein Castle & Grosssedlitz BaroqueGarden (if visiting both properties on the same day): reduced rate at the 2nd property
- Combined ticket discount Weesenstein Castle & Děčín Castle (if visiting both properties on the same day): reduced rate at the 2nd property
- Dresden Welcome Cards: 20% discount
- Culture Passport Elbe/Labe: reduced rate
- Gästekarte Sächsische Schweiz: € 1.00 discount per adult
Subject to modifications.
Benefits with the schloesserlandCARD
| Free admission to the permanent exhibition |
| Free admission to the special exhibition |
Arrival & map
Next City: Dresden (22 km)
- from Dresden
via A17, exit Pirna and further along the road towards Glashuette (follow the signposts)
via B172 towards Pirna/ Saechsische Schweiz (Saxon Switzerland), following the signposts towards Altenberg in Heidenau, the road will lead you right to the castle (about 20 km/ 12.5 mi from Dresden)
Parking facilities for cars and tour buses available.
By public transport
- city rail S1 from Meissen/Dresden or from Schoena/Pirna to Heidenau and then by Mueglitz River Valley Rail SB72 (Heidenau - Altenberg) to Weesenstein
- bus (Mon - Fri): bus line 202 (Heidenau - Glashuette) to Weesenstein (stop Gemeindeamt Weesenstein)
- for more information, please, go to www.vvo-online.de
- Come here by bus or rail
Am Schloßberg 1 | 01809 Müglitztal
Property of State Palaces, Castles and Gardens of Saxony, non profit
+49 (0) 35027 626-0
April to October
- daily: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
November to March
- Tue - Sun: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Closed on Dec24, Dec25 and Dec31
Subject to modifications.
Your Specialists for the Region
You would like to know about the highlights in the region, book accommodation or plan an active holiday in the Elbe River Sandstone Mountains? The Tourist Association Saechsische Schweiz e.V. will help you with necessary information and tips.
Tourismusverband Sächsische Schweiz e.V.
The Weesenstein Castle Park and the museum shop are freely accessible; however, Weesenstein Castle itself is not.
Visit our exhibitions
Princely living quarters from the 18th and 19th centuries
This way, please!
The castle: early history of Weesenstein
The Castle Chapel: Baroque Splendor